Sunday, February 28, 2010

ggrty

Rare Photographs In Indian History



The daughter of an Indian maharajah seated on a panther she shot, sometime during 1920s. 


The Grand Trunk Road , built by Sher Shah Suri, was the main trade route from Calcutta to Kabul

A group of Dancing or notch girls began performing with their elaborate costumes and jewelry.


A rare view of the President's palace and the Parliament building in New Delhi .


Women gather at a party in Mumbai ( Bombay ) in 1910.


A group from Vaishnava, a sect founded by a Hindu mystic. His followers are called Gosvami-maharajahs 

An aerial view of Jama Masjid mosque in Delhi , built between 1650 and 1658.

The Imperial Airways 'Hanno' Hadley Page passenger airplane carries the England to India air mail, stopping in Sharjah to refuel. 


LORD MACAULAY'S ADDRESS TO THE BRITISH PARLIAMENT, 2 FEBRUARY, 1835
''I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation.''

ggrty

About ggrty -

I'm a typical character as everybody tag me. Learning from life as it presents is my daily activity. Listening to others what life has offered them is my passion. Living life to the fullest is my ambition. A person is a success who gets up in the morning, goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :